ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Whats The Price Of The Camera Bag?

Last weekend I went out window shopping at Pertama Complex. My goal is to shop around for a camera bag with laptop compartment. At Low Yatt there are the higher end bag that comes with names and cost a whopping amount which is not within my budget. I am not a professional and apart of that I just own one DSLR kit camera. So I do not need that glamouruous look hanging on my back when I go out strolling in Bukit Bintang or any other places. I am not a reporter or a photographer. Just a photography enthusiast.

There was a popular photo shop at Pertama. I saw one bag - brand: Winner. Definitely China Made. It has some space for my 10 inch netbook but I wanted to make sure that the compartment really fits my netbook before making a buy. Its quite expensive for such a brand. The tag reads RM 399. As usual just RM 1 lower or else its RM400. That is the deceiving factor to sell products. We always see the first figure and make our decision on the price of an item. We always see this at fast food outlets. BTW, I have boycott fast food outlets in support of the innocent Palestinians. You know why.

Back to the bag. I ask to inspect the bag and the salesman said that the price can be reduced to RM350.00. Well its not within my budget. I was giving all excuses because I am not going to buy the bag yet but just survey the price. Then the price drops to RM250. I still give excuses telling him that I want to bring my netbook to try if it fits, then only I will buy. When I was leaving the shop the price drops to RM 200. Well, RM200 is a decent price and I can consider that. Since I am not going to buy as yet, I just walk away and he insist that if I want to buy I can come again to his shop. Of course I said yes.

I walk into another photoshop and this one is also one of the first tenant at the Complex. I saw the bag again and there was no tag. A salesman approached me and when I ask him the price, he gave some figure but I can't remember it. But I think it was somewhere in the RM200 range. I gave him the same excuse as at the previous shop. Then he gave me another offer. He said the lowest he can give is RM100. Well, now you can compare this price and the price at the first shop that I went in. Now there is a difference of RM 100 for the floor price between them. However if you compare the price tag and the floor price there's a difference of RM299. Can you see the cut throat price if one is not careful and buy things hastily.

A word of advice: Shop around before buying. If you have the ability to bargain, just bargain.

2 comments:

  1. Rm100, that's very cheap for a bag. Do you mind posting up some pictures of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Poh Wei,
    I am sorry I don,t have the pic of the bag. However if you are in in KL, you can visit Pertama Complex at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman. The shop is located on the ground floor near the main entrance.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are feedback to me. Thank you